RICHARD SWEDBERG'S RESEARCH PAGE
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. Theorizing in Sociology and Social Science: Turning to the Context of Discovery. Theory and Society, 41(2012):1–40.
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. The Role of Senses and Signs in the Economy. Journal of Cultural Economy, Vol. 4, No. 4, November:423–37.
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. Max Weber's Central Text in Economic Sociology. Pp. 62–77 in Mark Granovetter and Richard Swedberg (eds.), The Sociology of Economic Life. Westview.
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. Thinking and Sociology. Journal of Classical Sociology 11,1:1–19.
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. The Economic Sociologies of Pierre Bourdieu. Cultural Sociology 5,1:1–18.
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. The Structure of Confidence and the Collapse of Lehman Brothers, Research in the Sociology of Organizations 30A:71–14.
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. A Note on Civilizations and Economies, European Journal of Social Theory 13,1:15–30.
- Richard Swedberg (with Thorbjo/rn Knudsen). 2009. Capitalist Entrepreneurship: Making Profit through the Unmaking of Economic Orders, Capitalism and Society 4,2, Art.3:1–26.
- Richard Swedberg. 2008. The Centrality of Materiality: Economic Theorizing from Xenophon to Home Economics and Beyond, Pp. 57–87 in Trevor Pinch and Richard Swedberg (eds.), Living in a Material World. MIT Press
- Richard Swedberg. 2007. The Market Contexts 6,4:64–66.
- Richard Swedberg. 2006. Verstehende Wirtschaftssoziologie? On the Relationship between Max Weber's "Basic Sociological Concepts" and his Economic Sociology, Max Weber Studies, Beiheft 1, pp. 121–34
- Richard Swedberg. 2006. Tocqueville as Economic Sociologist?, The Toqueville Review 27,1:131–167
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Towards an Economic Sociology of Capitalism, L'Annee Sociologique 55:419–50.
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Can there be a sociological concept of interest?, Theory and Society 34:359–390
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Conflicts of Interests in the U.S. Brokerage Industry, Pp. 187–203 in Karin Knorr Cetina and Alex Preda (eds.), The Sociology of Financial Markets. New York: Ocford University Press
- Richard Swedberg. 2003. The Case for an Economic Sociology of Law, Theory and Society 32:1–37
- Richard Swedberg. 2000. The Social Science View of Entrepreneurship: Introduction and Practical Applications, Richard Swedberg (ed.) Entrepreneurship: The Social Science View. Oxford University Press
- Richard Swedberg and Peter Hedstrom. 1998. Social Mechanisms, Cambridge University Press
- Richard Swedberg. 1997. New Economic Sociology: What Has Been Accomplished, What Is Ahead?, Acta Sociologica 40:161–182
- Richard Swedberg. 1994. Markets as Social Structures, Pp. 255–282 in Neil Smelser and Richard Swedberg (eds.), Handbook of Economic Sociology. New York and Princeton: Russell Sage Foundation and Princeton University Press
- Richard Swedberg, Ulf Himmelstrand and Goran Brylin. 1987 (originally 1985). The Paradigm of Economic Sociology: Premises and Promises, Theory and Society 16:169–213
Working Papers and Miscellaneous Writings
- Richard Swedberg and Trevor Pinch. 2012. Wittgenstein's Visit to Ithaca in 1949, Distinktion: Scandinavian Journal of Social Theory 2012:1–28.
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. The Household Economy: A Complement or Alternative to the Market Economy? CSES Working Paper #58
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. Theorizing: Two Brief Pieces, Perspectives: Newsletter of the ASA Theory Section
- Richard Swedberg (with Wendelin Reich). 2010. Georg Simmel's Aphorisms, Theory, Culture and Society 27,1:24–51.
- Richard Swedberg. 2009. Tocqueville as an Empirical Researcher
- Richard Swedberg. 2007. The Sociological Study of Hope and the Economy: Introductory Remarks
- Richard Swedberg. 2006. Kant's Conjectures, (Conference Talk)
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Auguste Rodin's The Burghers of Calais: The Career of a Sculpture and Its Appeal to Civic Heroism, Theory, Culture and Society 22,2:45–67.
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. An Attempt at a Sociology of Hope: The Case of Economic Development in 18th Century Sweden
- Richard Swedberg. 1999. Civil Courage (Zivilcourage): The Case of Knut Wicksell, Theory and Society 28:501–528
Back to Faculty Profile for Richard Swedberg